Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Introduction

Well lets talk about the other top stuff. Basically, I didn't think there was anything wrong with me along my birthday last year 12-2-06. At 12-5-06 I started having some dysthesias along my right side. My Primary Care Practitioner felt that it probably wasn't anything, so he felt that I should let it go for a month and if there was anything thing still up, I should call him back.

A month later, the episodes were still happening so I called up my PCP to find out what to do. He felt that I could still go to see a neurologist. I got on for the next weekend. The neurologist also didn't feel like there was anything to worry about but there where something with my olefactory halucinations which made her curious. She scheduled an MRI for the end of the week. That MRI was on Friday... and Saturday would change my life for ever.

Ultimately, I have a Glioblastoma Multiforme. It's stage IV, the highest you can get. It's a primary brain tumor of the central nervous system, so the rest of my body is normal. There are a handful of things which we can do to help placate it... most of which we are doing now. I've been on chemo and radiation and and will be on those for another month or so.

So anyhow, I'm young and hopeful and I'm resiliant!!! I really appreciate everybody who's come to wish me luck... my stack of papers is just too high. All the best, and I'll keep updating this with the latest and greatest news from me. I'll try to alter it more than once a year! And yes... for those of you who are wondering, 2009 was a little too low... 2010 is quite for me!