Thursday, April 12, 2007

Back at it again!

Hey all...

I dropped my parents off at the airport a little while ago and I'm sitting back here for the rest of this Thursday afternoon. My sister also came into town, which I think was the best thing for all of us because the tension was so high as we waited for the MRI Monday and Tuesday morning. Katie (my sister) makes us laugh so much that it was a riot to have her in town.

Anyhow... the MRI went spectacular, both in my execution (ah thank you), and in the doctor's reading it. They said that the darker brain mass... that is the glioblastoma multiforme... had shrunk down to nearly 1 cm in diameter from just over 3 cm in diameter. Heck yeah that was exciting. Even Dr. Barton who never says anything positive was excited about that. For comparison, usually on the unresected tumors, there's either some minor shrinkage, no change, or growth. That can be sad... and that's what I was kindof preparing myself for. Fortunately, I have the above situation.

For those of you who are wondering what that 1 cm block is, it's still GBM, we just haven't any idea whether it's still alive or shrinking or completely dead. I guess we'll get a good look at the next MRI in 8 weeks.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean I'm off the big gallows yet, but I sure as shoot am happy for right now!

Mike

5 comments:

Evan P said...

Sweet! That is great news, dude.

Mike said...

Thanks a bunch man! I'll see you tomorrow...

Nate Bahr said...

Great news man!

Anonymous said...

Glad the news was good!

Anonymous said...

Yeah buddy! Awesome new. Shrink it!