Thursday, April 5, 2007

Easter & Them Egg Layin' Bunnies...

Hi all!

I've taken these two days off before Easter Weekend to take a road trip out West. Hopefully, this'll be the first of many! I really enjoy road trips and this is the first one where I have no idea where in the world I'm going. Usually, there is some semblance of a destination in mind, but I haven't the foggiest idea of where I'm going tomorrow. Shoot... other than La Something, Wisconsin or Coreanything, Iowa.... I don't even know where I am now. I really kindof like it... who'da thought?

Anyhow, I should be back on Saturday to get my folks at the airport. After Easter we have a handful of tests Monday, then we meet with doctors on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then, I'll be back at school Thursday or Friday next week.

The handful of test are the MRI and some associated blood work. The standard of treatment is to give the radiation and chemo, then follow it with an MRI a month after to see where you are. The reason being that you want your radiation to have plenty of time to settle with regards to the swelling as well as to give it time to work.

The reason I really don't particularly care what this one says is that 1: according to the first one, I should have been on the floor drooling, and 2: I already saw the one that they took at MD Anderson and it looked pretty good. Perhaps I should be a little more nervous, but I'm just not.

All the best!

Mike

1 comment:

Evan P said...

Respect. Dude, I would love to be on a roadtrip to nowhere. There's also just something about driving that makes it easier to think. Have a good Easter!