Saturday, May 5, 2007

Continuing the trip...

Hi all,

My road trip has gone spectacularly so far. I went up across South Dakota and Wyoming, which I had mentioned before, but which was far more amazing than I can describe here. I can just say it's breathtaking... other than that you have to see for your self. Next I spent some time in Boulder and Colorado Springs. That was amazing because I got to see my family and even my new cousin... the future Dr. Shea. Then, my mom & her kin got up and went down to Santa Fe with me, which is where I am now!

In the future, I fly back to Chicago for a few days around 5/10 and then back out to Boulder. I'll then traverse the country westward and arrive in Seattle for a few days around 5/20. On 5/23 I'll go back to other direction to arrive in West Virginia and spend the memorial day week on a lake. I'll head back up to Chicago around the 4th of June.

In GBM news... we finally got the call from MD Anderson to tell us that my tumor is V3 negative. I actually took quite a bit of relief knowing this because it means I don't have the most aggressive of tumors. However, that result means that I'm not able to have the viral vaccine. That may seem disappionting, but I'm actually quite pleased with it. We'll wait until we think about it some more to decide whether to have to surgery in June...

Most importantly, congrats to all who finished their finals and are entering boards study time!

I'll try to post more later...

Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard you drove by Cheney's Wyoming Ranch, eh? I bet the flyfishing was more exciting!

Mike said...

Can you believe that Cheney has a really nice place??? I mean... the cold chill of death overtook me as I drove by... but he had some really precious tulips by his ranch sign.