Tuesday, November 25, 2008

mmm... Thanksgiving

The post office is collecting my Oak Park mail and I'm absorbing the smell of home as I settle into Scott Depot for an extended stay. A trip back to Chi-town will probably be around the 3rd or 4th of December.

Thanksgiving, fall, weather, some snow flurries... I love it all.  I can't wait 'til my brother gets home tonight so that we can inevitably argue about whatever inane things we can come up with.  We'll have a pretty full house this year, six in total.  And they start arriving tonight, at least the other 3.

I'll let you know how it goes!  Lots of food, plenty of whiskey and wine, all kinds of people to make the situation interesting.

I can only hope that you have a good Thanksgiving too.

m

PS... My heart goes out to the family and friends of the youngest and the oldest governor to serve our state, Governor Cecil Underwood, who passed away yesterday at the ripe old age of 86.

No comments: