Tuesday, June 19, 2007

To Houston and Back

Hi all,

My parents and I went down to Houston and it was pretty much what was expected. The doctors looked at my record and saw that everything was working fine. The tumor hasn't grown, the temazolamide is reasonably well tolerated, and I'm neurologically intact. They said literally, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I agreed.

For some interesting statistics about my trip (gulp). Here are the final totals:

I traveled through 21 different states from Chicago to Colorado to California to Washington to West Virginia and back to Chicago
put 8043.8 miles on my car
burned 245.992 gallons of gas
spent 795.93 dollars on that gas
which actually left me with an impressive 32.76 miles to the gallon! On a 10 year old car!
The gas cost an average of 3.260 dollar/gallon ranging from 2.579 in wonderful Wyoming to a whopping 3.689 on June 3 here in Chicago.

That made me tired just thinking of it... yeesh!

No comments: