Thursday, July 5, 2007

Putzing Around School

Hey all...

Sorry I've been so neglectful of the blog, but there's just not much to say! My brain is pretty normal (well, normal for me haha) and the tumor still stable. I'm going to have another MRI tomorrow, moreso to ensure that I'm okay to reduce the steroids (I'm on dexamethazone) than anything.* Losing the steroids will be great because they are the reason for pretty much all of the ill effects of my drugs.

From here on out I hopefully will have the MRI's on 2 month cycles rather than 1 month. If there's anything going on in my pretty little head, I'll know before the MRI does and can alert the doctors.

For all of you who have seen me around school moping about... looking lost and sad and confused... there's actually been a reason for me being there besides me pretending to be a third year. I have been getting research started in the neuropath department, maybe some with a neurosurg resident (I haven't heard back from him yet), going to grand rounds, and have been observing the Neuro Oncology Tumor Board, which hopefully I'll help manage in a few weeks. So really, there's a reason for me to be there other than steal your cookies and cranberry juice.

I can't really think of much else to say. Maybe I'll amuse you with my musings at another date. For a blog that's supposed to be about my cancer, I thank God there's not much to say. Perhaps I'll expand further into other topics... such as why I spent 4 hours today listening to my heart beat on the stethoscope and waiting for somebody to page me on my brand new pager. My mom did once I asked her to. And my brother. How sad.

Mike!

*For all you medical dorks out there, the dex reduces the mass effect from the tumor. On my last MRI the mass effect appeared to be going down and I feel significantly better... so we're gonna reduce the dex and hopefully drop it.

No comments: