Thursday, October 25, 2007

Never, ever, ever..... ever!

I've come to the conclusion that one should never, ever go to see the doctor. If I actually make it through med school, you should definitely not come see me. In fact, I recommend against following my recommendations!*

So I went to a dermatologist a couple of weeks ago for hair loss on the sides of my legs (ultimately a result of the chemo). They weren't too impressed with that, but they lopped every mole off my back just for the fun of it. I knew that the path report would say "atypical" and "dysplastic" meaning precancerous. I've been in a path lab and they always say that just to avoid the liability of being wrong.

Today, I got a call from the dermatologist who said my path report proclaimed my nevi to be "dysplastic" and "atypical." Surprise. She wants to go in and hack away at me some more--to take a few inches off around the holes in my skin. The question is... how much more of this do I care to do? I've already got stage four brain cancer, how much more can a few little dysplastic nevi hurt me? I've got news for you skin folks; I'm an atypical sort of guy. I always have been. Quit picking on me!

Jerks.

*Is that my own liar's paradox?

No comments: