Sunday, October 14, 2007

Thirtieth Post....

I haven't got a whole lot to say right now. Things on the brain tumor front have been going well. The last round of temazolamide wasn't too bad and I've got another MRI coming up on Friday. I spoke at a caregiver conference a few weeks ago and that was well received. I'm going to talk to some classmates about GMBs and what it's like to actually have one of these diseases you only read about in textbooks. Really, things are good. Another person said I should write a book... any suggestions for a title?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

I read your reply on yasg.com and thought I'd check out your blog.

I hope you can post on yasg.com once in a while. It was interesting to see your perspective as a medical student with GBM. We all have so much to learn and your response was really helpful.

My husband is the one with the brain tumor in our family. Luckily he's anaplastic astrocytoma. Unluckily it's unresectable, in multiple locations, all that. He's from Chicago but, much to his dismay, we've been living in Cleveland for about 14 years. I met him while I was an undergrad at Loyola! (I was just an English and theology major, not a smarty pants med school student like you!) Now I wonder if it was fate that we ended up here as he loves his Cleveland Clinic neuro onc so much. The guy is really fighting for his life.

Just wanted you to know I am sending up a prayer for you today -- tackling medical school and a brain tumor at once? You must be really strong and courageous(although you have no other choice, do you?)!

Here's to stability!
Jodi O'Neill

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect title, "My brother is the best person ever." It has a nice ring to it, and it seems to fit you perfectly.

Unknown said...

Hi Mike! Just read all your blogs. Thanks. Can't wait to hear your talk at school tomorrow. I'm really glad everything is looking so positive on the tumor front! You will defy the odds. Let's try to go to tumor board again soon :)

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine buy phentermine diet pills - phentermine success