Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday at Hospice

Michael spent another night peacefully, although he is more restless lately. He remains responsive to our touch and still appears to understand us. Mike does indeed to continue to surprise.

Apparently the link to his East Timor page can't be copied and pasted to your browser. Try typing it in, and the search engines point you to the right page.

If you are trying to get to his FaceBook wall and can't find him among the 500 other Michael Davis folks, try emailing a comment, and I'll send you his email address for searching. It's his Colorado College alumni email, for those who have it.

Barb and I spent the night at home, while brother Jon stayed the night. I went to my regularly scheduled tennis lesson today, and the pro wore me out. It feels good to be physically spent. I hit the balls terribly, but it was satisfying to abuse them. Better than kicking the dog.

It's hard just waiting. Michael is on his own timetable, so we just keep telling him we love him, that we will be here with him, and remind him again and again that his short life has made an amazingly positive impact on many, many people, evidenced by your kind and inspiring messages.

Bruce

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much to those who have shared stories about Mike. It gives those of us who weren't lucky enough to know him, another glimpse of why he is so beloved.

Actually, they also trigger memories of his dad when we were in middle and high school together. Intelligence, kindness and ridiculous antics must be hereditary.

Thinking of all of Mike's friends today. Such tender comments. He is so fortunate to have you.

Deanie

Anonymous said...

I also want to say thanks to everyone for posting. And thank you Michael for sharing your blogs. You are so courageous. Of course I already knew what a super guy you are. I can see that in your Mom's eyes when she says your name. What a great pic of you in the airplane. How cool was that?

B J Hill

Anonymous said...

Dear Michael. We read your blog back to 2007 & love all of your pictures that you've taken and think they are just beautiful. We also think you have been very brave through all of your trials. Love and hugs to you and your parents. Mandy & Charlie Sulfrian

Anonymous said...

Bruce thank you so much for these updates. Please tell Mikey I have really enjoyed reading your blog. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Give his hand a little squeeze for me.

Erin Liberatore

Unknown said...

Bruce, thanks for sharing, and Michael, thanks for your inspiring thoughts and insights. You've done a wonderful job with your journal. May God Bless You and Your Family. I love your pictures you posted. I'm really impressed!! Love and Prayers,
Karen Coleman

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the updates. Tell Mike I said hi for me.

-Jen Lavin

Evan P said...

Mike, I'm never going to forget watching the crews tear down the facade at the hospital instead of studying with you. Man, I don't know how much time we "wasted" doing that...or talking about the biggest, most important questions a person can ask...or the most ridiculous, insignificant, but hilarious things. You are the kind of guy one would be lucky to get stuck on a desert island with. Always funny, always interesting, always caring. I'm still praying for you and your family, and I won't stop.

Much love,
Evan Price

Unknown said...

I've written so many things on here throughout your facebook page and the blog....I was just thinking through all my memories of you -- some of my favorites are from getting together at your place to drink wine and play Mexican Train Dominoes -- you or Anstadt always seemed to win...I still don't get that...maybe I just drank too much wine. : )

I hope you get my card in the mail -- It says everything in it that I really want to say to you and only you (well, and of course the people reading it).

So much love to you Brewster!
kt