Wednesday, March 19, 2008

bluaaaaahhhhhhhh...

So, this week is my period, meaning it’s the week that I take the chemo. I really have no idea how I’ll feel during this time. Sometimes I feel like vomiting all over the place, sometimes I feel depressed, and sometimes I feel totally okay. There hasn’t been any rhyme nor reason to my disposition or my comfort level from one moment to the next.

After sleeping about 11 hours last night, I thought it would be an excellent idea to get up and try to jog a bit this morning. I felt pretty good. I had to go pick up a book from the bookstore that I’d ordered. It was a decent morning to jog and I was looking forward to it.

Boy was that a mistake. I took off north and did well for about four blocks then I thought… man… I don’t feel all that well. I slowed to a walk as I approached Chicago Avenue and decided I’d turn around early. Walking along back to the bookstore I felt nauseous and light-headed. I can’t imagine what the bookstore lady though when she saw a guy in jogging clothes, ready to barf right in front of her, and buying a book called “Your Money or Your Life.” I made it home without barfing, but the moral of the story is… well… there is no moral to this story.

That’s all I’ve got.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You don't know me, but your blog came up for me in a google news alert.

My son, now 13, was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor, a supratentorial PNET, right after he turned 9.

He's doing well. There are issues, I'm not sure anyone gets through whole-brain radiation with a free pass, and especially not at the age of 9.

I admire you for hanging in there, for even trying to stay in medical school while going through treatment.

I don't know if this helpful to you or not, but I thought I'd point you to an online support group whose members are mostly adult glioblastoma patients:
http://braintrust.org/braintmrlist.htm

I'd also like to point you to the online journal of a man fighting what started out as a low grade astrocytoma which has now progressed to be a glioblastoma+PNET.

It's a horrible prognosis but he's doing remarkably well and is very proactive about his treatments.

I wish you well, this is a very difficult road you are traveling.

Kathy said...

Sorry, forgot the link.

This is it:
http://38lemon.com