Sunday, March 2, 2008

From the sista, Katie

[Katie rocks... this is an email I got from her. You should support her in her efforts! -m-]

Hello, everyone!

It is really fantastic to go through my address book and scrounge up all of the names from my distant and not-so-distant past - I hope this finds you all well.

Anyway, I am writing because I have gone temporarily insane and signed myself up to run a half marathon with a group that raises money for cancer research. As we all know, cancer is lame and researching cures for cancer is decidedly not lame. The group is called Team in Training, and 75% of everything raised goes directly to the research. Everything else goes to an amazing program designed to help people do whatever crazy thing they signed up to do to raise money and offering support for people battling cancer. Basically, it's a great program full of very enthusiastic people who are all hopped up on endorphins from running so much.

If you love me and hate cancer, then you should support the effort... you can do so online at:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntwaak/katiestarrunner

which is a very simple little website, but you can make your donations there. If you want to make a donation some way other than over the internet, then let me know and I will send a letter, some kind of fancy form, and I can send a tax-receipt if you so desire. Also, if your company does matching gifts, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Katie Davis

No comments: